[ont.micro.mac] Question re MS-BASIC Output Window and Screen

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (05/24/84)

Date: Sun 20 May 84 15:28:06-PDT
From: Tony Siegman  <uw-beaver!SIEGMAN@SU-SIERRA.ARPA>
Subject: Question re MS-BASIC Output Window and Screen
To: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA

The MS-BASIC manual says one can PSET 512 columns horizontally and
342 rows vertically on the Macintosh screen.  No matter how I pull
the output window around, however, I can't seem to actually plot more
than about 292 rows vertically in the viewable window, while by sliding
the window sideways I can actually plot horizontal indices well above
512.

Is there a way to paint the full screen within the limits of MS-BASIC?
Or do I have to start CALLin the QuickDraw routines in Appendix E of
the Manual?

(Pardon me if I'm asking some trivial questions here...)
-------