[ont.micro.mac] Converting MacWrite to MacDraw documents

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (05/31/84)

Date: 29 May 1984 1256 PDT
From: Larry Carroll <uw-beaver!LARRY@JPL-VLSI.ARPA>
Subject: Converting MacWrite to MacDraw documents
To: info-mac@sumex-aim

I need some advice on using LisaDraw and LisaWrite and their
Mac versions.  I'm doing some work for the Galileo project
(which includes an orbiter and a probe that will dive into
Jupiter's atmosphere).  I have copied source code from a VAX to
LisaWrite documents using LisaTerminal.

How can I convert LisaWrite documents to LisaDraw documents?
I first tried selecting an entire document and CUTting it, which
copies it into the Scratchpad.  Unfortunately when I tried to
PASTE from the Scratchpad while in LisaDraw I found that only
the first 25 bytes are PASTEd.  (This is under version 1.8 of the
Office system; another Lisa with version 2.0 is limited to about
60 bytes.)

We also have the Workshop operating system with a Pascal and
Basic compiler.  Can I use this somehow to convert LisaWrite to
LisaDraw documents?

Please send me answers directly as well as to INFO-MAC.

			Larry @ jpl-vlsi
------