[ont.micro.mac] Transylvania bug report.

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (05/31/84)

Date: 30 May 84 11:03 EDT
From: David H M Spector <uw-beaver!SPECTOR@NYU-CMCL1.ARPA>
To: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA
Subject: Transylvania bug report.

________________________________________.
|ARPAnet:     SPECTOR@NYU-CMCL1          |
|USEnet :     ...floyd!cmcl2!acf4!spector|
|               -+-+-+-			 |
|Any opinions expressed herein are my own|
|and should not be considered those of my|
|employer.				 |
________________________________________.

A friend of mine bought a copy of Transylvania by Penguin Software yesterday,
and found a really nasty bug.   If, when you get eaten by a werewolf ( this may
be true for other characters as well, but we'll never know..) you follow the
instructions given by the game, which are to  "" press any key to continue "",
and choose the mouse button as your key, Transylvania will trash various
elements of the system folder, and itself, and you won't be able to boot the
program again.  Since the program is COPY PROTECTED this makes this game have
a very short life span.  So, if you have this game, be wary of the mouse!

			David HM Spector
			NYU Systems Group

-------