[ont.micro.mac] MS-BASIC 1.0 Bugs

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (05/31/84)

Date: Wed 30 May 84 11:01:54-PDT
From: uw-beaver!B.BPE%LOTS-A@SU-SCORE.ARPA
Subject: MS-BASIC 1.0 Bugs
To: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM

PRINT seems to clear the screen further than it needs to when printing. For
instance CALL MOVETO(6,9):print "aaaaaaaa":CALL MOVETO(6,9):PRINT "bb". Note
that there are several blank spaces now after the "b"s. Anyone know of a
way around this?
-Barry Eynon
-------

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (06/05/84)

Date: Sun 3 Jun 84 00:24:01-CDT
From: uw-beaver!G.TI.DAK@UTEXAS-20.ARPA
Subject: Re: MS-BASIC 1.0 Bugs
To: B.BPE%LOTS-A@SU-SCORE.ARPA
Cc: info-mac@SU-SCORE.ARPA

	The solution to the problem of CALL MOVETO(6,9):PRINT "bb" blanking too
many character is to change the penmode to OR fro COPY i.e CALL PENMODE(1).
I used the distructive nature of backspace to ensure that the space is blank.
I have used this technique to produce a blinking cursor.

	Regards, Donald A Kassebaum
-------