[ont.micro.mac] Folder and File info again.

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (06/05/84)

Date: 3 Jun 84 16:58:24 EDT
From: Seymour <uw-beaver!JOSEPH@RU-BLUE.ARPA>
Subject: Folder and File info again.
To: info-Mac@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA

(sorry about previous incomplete message)

Hi folk,

In regards to the claimed shortsightedness of the Mac development
team on their handling of disk directories in memory and the way
folders are stored and updated, please check into this further.

I read an article somewhere, unfortunately for all of us I can't
remember where, that went into relative depth on how the Mac Hard disk
would be implemented.  It stated that the Hard disk would be a fairly
intelligent device on its own and would not use the Mac's memory for
the large directory and file information.  It would somehow
communicate with the mac in packets, the mac requests a certain folder
or file and the hard disk worries about getting it.  I don't know if
this is how the Davong or Tecmar disks are built, but this is how the
Mac development group intended it.

If anyone else has a better pointer to this article I cannot find or
knows anything more about how Apple plans to implement hard disks on
the Macintosh, please let us know.

				Seymour Joseph
-------