[ont.micro.mac] Problem with MacPaint and 2 disks

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (06/12/84)

Date: 9 Jun 84 22:13 EDT
From: David H M Spector <uw-beaver!SPECTOR@NYU-CMCL1.ARPA>
To: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA
Subject: Problem with MacPaint and 2 disks

When MacPaint is "launched", it seems that it has to have around 32Kb of
free space on its home disk inorder to start up, regradless of how much
free space is available on another disk.

For example, if you have your MacPaint on the internal drive, along with
some other applications, and on your EXTERNAL drive, you have the documents
on which you wish to work, you will never be able to get into MacPaint if there
isn't enough free space on MacPaint's home disk.  You can select your Paint
documents from the external drive, thus invoking MacPaint on the INTERNAL drive
and you will get something on the order of:

	" The disk is getting full, please delete some files or
	change disks"

MacPaint will then take you back to the finder.  The IS NO WAY to change disks
unless you are *already* inside MacPaint.

Has anyone else seen this happen?  All I had in the internal drive was
Write/Paint, the System Folder, and the Empty Folder ( Total 388K ),
There were a number of large fonts, i.e., Ciaro, and Toronto 12, 14... in
the system file, removing those made things better.

Enevtually, though MacPaint should be made smart enought to know that there is
space on another disk, and use that space for its workfiles...

		David HM Spector

|ARPAnet:     SPECTOR@NYU-CMCL1          |
|USEnet :     ...floyd!cmcl2!acf4!spector|
|Any opinions expressed herein are my own|
|and should not be considered those of my|
|employer.				 |

-------