[ont.micro.mac] SUMACC installation with Lisa I

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (06/19/84)

Date: Fri, 15 Jun 84 14:57:10 pdt
From: Bill Croft <uw-beaver!croft@safe>
To: info-mac@sumex
Subject: SUMACC installation with Lisa I (no Sony's)

Date: Wed, 13 Jun 84 13:14:38 EDT
From: barkley@nbs-vms
Subject: SUMACC is up and running at NBS

Myself and Dave Itkin of the University of Maryland
took a copy of SUMACC and after some amount of struggle,
we now have it up and running on 4.1 at both NBS and UofM.

   Because our lisa 2's have not been delivered yet and
   because our copy of the 2.0 workshop is on Sonys, we had
   to bring up fromhex.p on an earlier workshop version
   (dated 2/22/84).  Basically, the problem was with the
   "Create" and "FSWrite" routines.  If anyone else has this
   trouble, we will glad to share our experiences.

It's really great what you are doing.  We have several
people (like myself) who would much rather work in C. Also,
I think that anyone would rather develop in a unix
environment rather than the lisa workshop environment even
if it does take longer to download.

   thanks!
             john barkley