[ont.micro.mac] Quickdraw Regions internals

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (06/21/84)

Date: Sun, 17 Jun 1984  04:34 EDT
Sender: uw-beaver!TIM%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA
From: Tim McNerney <uw-beaver!TIM@MIT-MC.ARPA>
To: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA
Cc: TIM@MIT-MC.ARPA
Subject: Quickdraw Regions internals

Does anyone know the internal representation of the "region definition data"
of Quickdraw Regions?  Inside Macintosh merely states that "The region
definition data for nonrectangular regions is stored in a compact way which
allows for highly efficient access by Quickdraw procedures." and leaves it
at that.  [Quickdraw Programmer's Guide, p.10, 3/2/82]

	Tim McNerney
	MIT LCS

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (06/22/84)

Date: Thu, 21 Jun 84 10:11:09 edt
From: uw-beaver!winkler@harvard (Dan Winkler)
To: TIM@MIT-MC.ARPA, info-mac@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA
Subject: Re:  Quickdraw Regions internals (It's a secret.)

I'm afraid that Apple considers the data structures and algorithms
used by Quickdraw to be trade secrets.  Bill Atkinson told me he'd
be glad to explain it all "when Apple let's me" but said he didn't
know when that would be.