[ont.micro.mac] 68000 programming books?

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (06/26/84)

Date: 23 Jun 1984 23:05-EST
From: uw-beaver!David.Anderson@CMU-CS-SPICE.ARPA
Subject: 68000 programming books?
To: info-mac@sumex-aim

Can anyone recommend a good book on 68000 programming?  Is Motorola's
book just fine as a reference (I haven't really read it), or is there
something better to look at?  I'm interested both in something to use
now to learn the architecture, and to use later as a reference manual.

--david

P.S.  Not that I plan to do a great deal of assembly language hacking,
      but I'd like to know what's going on in there.

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (06/29/84)

Date: 26 Jun 84 14:04:18 PDT
From: uw-beaver!wert.pa@XEROX.ARPA
Subject: Re: 68000 programming books?
To: David.Anderson@CMU-CS-SPICE.ARPA
Cc: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA

The Motorola book is the best if you have any experience with machine
level programming at all, as it does not contain all the "Gee-wiz, this
is a Micro Computer" drivel. Also, there is less chance of technical
error, as the other authors get their technical information from the
Motorola book. And, the Motorola book is free from Motorola (according
to a previous info-mac message).

scott