[ont.micro.mac] Blinking apple

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (07/04/84)

Date:     Tue, 3 Jul 84 16:15 PST
From: John Palevich <uw-beaver!palevich%atari.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa>
To: info-mac%sumex-aim@csnet-relay.arpa
Subject:  Blinking Apple

The blinking apple means that the alarm clock has gone off.  Open up the
clock and disable the alarm to stop the blinking.

I converted my MacPaint picture enlarger into MacForth; If anybody wants a
copy of either the Basic or the Forth version, send me a Macintosh diskette.
My address is:  (Please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope.)
John Howard Palevich
175 Calvert Drive #F211
Cupertino, CA  95014

It took me about eight hours to write the Basic version, and about twenty
hours to write the Forth version.  The Basic version takes about 35 minutes
to process a file, while the MacForth version takes about 5 minutes.

One misfeature of both MacBasic and MacForth is that neither support the
choose-a-file dialog box, which means that, in order to open a file on a disk
other than the one the application booted from, you have to:
1.) Eject the application diskette
2.) Insert the disk you want to use
3.) Type RUN, or a Forth phrase.
4.) When asked for a file name, type <name-of-application>:<name-of-file>.

				Jack Palevich

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (07/04/84)

Date: 3 Jul 1984 17:26:36-EDT
From: uw-beaver!David.Anderson@CMU-CS-G
To: post-fa-info-mac@CMU-CS-G
To: utcsrgv!peterr
To: microsof!infomac

The blinking apple indicates that the alarm clock has gone off.  It has to
be manually reset by selecting the alarm clock, prying it open, and flicking
the lever off.