[ont.micro.mac] MacTerminal bug

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (06/19/84)

Date: Fri, 15 Jun 84 15:23:31 pdt
From: Bill Croft <uw-beaver!croft@safe>
To: info-mac@sumex
Subject: MacTerminal bug (vers -0.15X April 18, 1984)

From: Joseph I. Pallas <PALLAS@SU-SCORE.ARPA>
Subject: MacTerminal
To: croft@SU-SAFE.ARPA

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if you know anything about a problem I
had with the new MacTerminal.  I tried to create two configuration
files with different phone numbers in them for calling Score and
Pescadero.  However, if I created Score and then created Pescadero,
when I reopened Score it had Pescadero's configuration.  The problem
persisted even if I wiped out all of the MacTerminal documents before
starting.  Finally, I looked at MacTerminal with EXAMINE and RMOVER,
and saw that there was a resource in the application itself (named
CNFG) that contained the configuration!  When I deleted that resource,
my problem went away.  Is this a bug, a feature, or what?  Do you have
any idea?

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (07/08/84)

Date: 7 Jul 1984 17:51:44-EDT
From: uw-beaver!Duane.Williams@CMU-CS-IUS
Subject: MacTerminal bug
To: post-fa-info-mac@CMU-CS-IUS
To: utcsrgv!peterr
To: microsof!infomac

If you select text bottom-up and then try to print it with the "Print
Selection" command in the File menu, the Mac hangs.  If you select the text
top-down, then everything works fine--aside from the fact that you aren't
allowed to select any printing options.