[ont.micro.mac] RAMs

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (06/27/84)

Date: 26 Jun 1984 14:38:23 GMT (Tuesday)
From: Larry F. Byard <uw-beaver!byard@dca-eur>
Subject: RAMs
To: info-mac@sumex

Anyone know for sure how fast the 64K chips in the Mac are?  Yes,
I know it has an ~8 MHz clock and I could make a good guess by looking
at the 68K timing charts; but knowing for sure what they are using now
would be helpful.  I am keeping a close eye on 256K prices (retail,
unfortunately).  Thank you.  Larry

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (07/07/84)

Date: Fri, 6 Jul 84 01:03:59 edt
From: uw-beaver!decvax!philabs!sbcs!root
To: philabs!linus!decvax!ittvax!dcdwest!sdcsvax!sdcrdcf!hplabs!tektronix!uw-beaver!info-mac
Subject: Re: RAMs

	I have no information on the speed selection of the rams,
	but a question: How are you planning to get the 64K's off
	the board?  The mac board in the Byte article appeared to have
	its rams wave soldered to the circuit board..  Extracting
	chips from a multilayer circuit board is a non trivial
	chore.

						Rick

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (07/08/84)

Date: Sun, 1 Jul 84 04:28:32 edt
From: uw-beaver!ihnp4!presby!sjuvax!bellamy (bellamy)
To: burdvax!presby!harpo!ihnp4!uw-beaver!info-mac
News-Path: burdvax!psuvax1!akgua!sdcsvax!sdcrdcf!hplabs!tektronix!uw-beaver!info-mac

To: burdvax!presby!harpo!ihnp4!uw-beaver!info-mac
News-path: burdvax!psuvax1!akgua!sdcsvax!sdcrdcf!hplabs!tektronix!uw-beaver!info-mac