[ont.micro.mac] Misc

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (07/11/84)

Date: 5 Jul 84 01:52:23 PDT (Thursday)
From: uw-beaver!kato.PA@XEROX.ARPA
Subject: Misc
To: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA

1) A friend has a warning about Davong. He bought a Davong hard disk for his
IBM PC. Evidently they had problems with it. Davong refused to talk either to
my friend or his dealer. Customer Service doesn't appear to be their cup of
tea.
2) Shugart now makes a 3-1/2 inch microfloppy that seems to be Sony compatable.
3) How can you prove infraction of the copyright of a file of words? Isn't
it conceivable that someone could have come up with the same list, with a
few deviations, by just typing from a dictionary? Or is that some sort of
copyright violation too?
4) Got tired of playing with MacPaint and decided to get MacForth. Lots of
mistakes in the documentation. Can't use destop accessories while in the
edit window. I have no previous Forth experience so it took me most of a day
just to output a table from memory to a disk file. Forth is interesting but
I'll take C/Pascal/Fortran/BASIC anyday. One win for MacForth is the
inclusion of a formatted memory dump program. I may "upgrade" to Level 2
on my own! Though programming in Forth is tough for me, at least I'm exploring
my MAC!

          Gary Kato  Kato.pa@Xerox.ARPA