[ont.micro.mac] Scripts

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (07/11/84)

Date: 9 July 1984 20:26-EDT
From: Tim McNerney <uw-beaver!TIM@MIT-MC>
Subject:  Scripts
To: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM

Hey guys!  What all this complaining about lack of scripts?

If you look at the Event Manager documentation in Inside Macintosh,
you should find just what you need.  Apple calls it a journaling
mechanism.  It will record keystrokes and mouse clicks and other
events, and let you "play them back later."  The programs only need to
be able to reset themsleves to a known state when requested by the
operating system.  Other than that, the events being replayed appear
to be coming from the keyboard or the mouse, or wherever.

It looks to me like Apple has given us a nice set of tools to work
with, all we have to do is learn how to use them.  So go figure out
how to make use of this facility, instead of complaining that you
can't port UNIX to the Mac.

P.S.  If your mail isn't constructive, please don't send it to INFO-MAC.
      Legitimate gripes, bugs, questions, and info are welcome, but if
      you just want to flame, flame elsewhere!!!