[ont.micro.mac] the keyboard/mouse debate

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (07/11/84)

Date: 10 Jul 84 10:36:56 EDT
From: uw-beaver!HAMMY@RUTGERS.ARPA
Subject: the keyboard/mouse debate
To: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA

As I do not have a mac of my own, this is just an idea for the
rest of you to chew on.  Has anyone seriously considered replacing
the mouse with something else, specifically, some sort of roller
on the floor.  Then you would be able to use both hands for typing,
and use your foot to move the cursor around.  I was thinking of
something along the lines of thos tracking ball game controls,
though it would of course have to be pretty rugged.  The whole
device could be made to act as the button, or one could be placed
next to it.  I'm sure someone could come up with an ergonomic
design that would allow a user to use the thing for a twelve hour
edit session without tiring out.

Any comments?  (I'll be glad to accept royalties if someone
markets this!!!)

Hammy.
______			[ John G. Smith, alias HAMMY@RUTGERS ]

-------