[ont.micro.mac] How to get back out of the debugger?

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (07/11/84)

Date:     11 Jul 84 0:55:37-EDT (Wed)
From: uw-beaver!Peterr%toronto.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa
To: info-mac@sumex-aim.arpa
Subject:  How to get back out of the debugger?

I was playing with MS-BASIC on a Lisa running MacWorks and popped up the
calculator.  It appeared, and then I was immediately deposited into the
machine-level monitor; it printed a dump of the registers, etc.  I haven't
tried to replicate the bug-- I'll do that later-- but I wonder if there's
a PC value that one can restart the machine at (via the "g" command) to
reboot.  Having to unplug the machine and power it up again is not only
a pain (one has to reset the clock, for example (Lisa has no battery)) but
makes me uneasy.

Any hints will be gratefully accepted... thanks, p. rowley, U. Toronto

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (07/12/84)

Date: Wed 11 Jul 84 09:28:50-EDT
From: Ralph W. Hyre Jr. <uw-beaver!RALPHW@MIT-XX.ARPA>
Subject: Re: How to get back out of the debugger?
To: Peterr%toronto.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
Cc: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA

If you've ever used the Pascal Workshop, you will find that the '-' key on the
numeric keypad is still bound to the NMI key (which immediately takes you into
the debugger. The Office System software doesn't rebind it. Rebooting the
machine rebinds it, but exiting the Workshop to the environments window and
going to the Office System doesn't.  Macworks may do something similar as far
as key bindings.  Anyway, if you entered you entering the debugger by pressing
the NMI key, you should be able to reenter the system by simply entering 'g'
with no value.
					- Ralph Hyre
-------