[ont.micro.mac] Macterminal

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (05/31/84)

Date: Thu 24 May 84 21:24:07-PDT
From: Andrew Sweer <uw-beaver!SWEER@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA>
Subject: MacTerminal
To: Info-Mac@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA
Cc: Sweer@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA

	I^ve been running MacTerminal Version 0.20 April 4, 1984 and have
found a few anomolies. Applying the control key to the ASCII characters in
the range 133 to 137 produces mixed results:

	Control 133 (^[) yields nothing
	Control 134 (^\) yields 034	*** Only one that works "right"
	Control 135 (^]) yields nothing
	Control 136 (^^) yields nothing (but ^6 yields 36, 6 is under the ^)
	Control 137 (^_) yields nothing

	In addition, the / key on the numeric keypad yields 055 (a minus sign)

Andy
-------

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (07/01/84)

Date: 30 Jun 84 01:09:31 EDT
From: uw-beaver!KSPROUL@RUTGERS.ARPA
To: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA

I have not seen any discusion about MacTerminal on the net, does
anyone have a pre-release copy of it? when is it goint to actully
get to the stores??

I have it ordered, and will get it as soon as comes in,

also, I got to see a pre-release or something from a student in the
consortium, but have been suprized that there has been no discussion
about MacTerminal on the net...

Keith Sproul
Ksproul@Rutgers.arpa
-------

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (07/06/84)

Date: 5 Jul 84 17:38:59 EDT
From: uw-beaver!KSPROUL@RUTGERS.ARPA
To: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA

I have been using the alpa version of MacTerminal for awhile and like it..

Does anybody know of a graphics terminal emulator for the MAC, rummored,
announced, on-the-back-burner, etc...  I am desperately in need of
such a beast, DEC VT-125 preferably, 4010 acceptable..

any pointers would be greatly appreciated....

Keith Sproul
Ksproul@Rutgers.arpa
-------

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (07/07/84)

Date: 6 Jul 84 08:55:43 CDT (Fri)
From: uw-beaver!ihnp4!ihuxa!kron@uw-beaver.arpa
To: ihnp4!houxm!houxz!vax135!cornell!uw-beaver!info-mac
Subject: Re: MacTerminal

There was a Microsoft BASIC Tektronix 4010 emulator posted to the net
some time ago. I saved the source, but I have never run it because I
do not have a Macintosh. It does not run faster than 300 baud,
according to the comments in the net article. If you are interested,
contact me by electronic mail.

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (07/07/84)

Date: 7 July 1984 03:23-EDT
From: Tim McNerney <uw-beaver!TIM@MIT-MC>
To: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM

To MacTerminal beta test sites:

Has anyone experimented with reconfiguring MacTerminal's keyboard?
In particular, how painful is it to make "Delete" (or "Rubout"
if you prefer) an unshifted character?  Backspace is fine for
UNIX, but most DEC operating system use Delete to erase the last
typed character.  This is probably significant enugh to warrant
making it a setup option.

Also, a couple of subtle but rather serious bugs were reported
just recently about "Set Origin Mode" not homing the cursor, and
"Set Margins" homing to the wrong place.  I believe these bugs are
also present in the released version of LisaTerm.  It would be a
pity if they released a buggy MacTerminal too.  Has Apple comfirmed
the existence of these bugs?

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (07/13/84)

Date: 11 Jul 84 22:19 EDT
From: David H M Spector <uw-beaver!SPECTOR@NYU-CMCL1.ARPA>
To: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA

Last night, 7/10, at the New York Mac User's Group Meeting, a rep. from
Computer Marketing Research (Apple's East Coast Rep) announced that
MacTerminal was ""officially"" released on the 9th and was being shipped today
(7/11), and that it should hit the shelves in a couple of days...

		Dave Spector

-------