[net.music.classical] Electric Dreams Query

trl@ihlpg.UUCP (tr lowe) (07/31/85)

Recently, I was watching the movie "Electric Dreams" on cable tv.
I *really* enjoyed one song in the movie.  The song was a sort of
duel between a woman Madelinne on the cello, and the computer.
Upon watching the credits at the end of the movie, I could not
determine the name of the song and who performed it.
I believe the song was "The Duel", by Giordio Mereder (sp).
The credits also mentioned a soundtrack for the movie by
Virgin/Epic records.  I would be grateful to anyone whom
could point me to the proper source of this song ?

Thanks in Advance,

Ted R. Lowe
Bell Laboratories
IH 2B-256
(312) 979-2993
ihlpg!trl

ags@pucc-h (Dave Seaman) (08/07/85)

In article <990@ihlpg.UUCP> trl@ihlpg.UUCP (tr lowe) writes:
>Recently, I was watching the movie "Electric Dreams" on cable tv.
>I *really* enjoyed one song in the movie.  The song was a sort of
>duel between a woman Madelinne on the cello, and the computer.

That was a selection from the "Little Music Book for Anna Magdalena Bach"
by J. S. Bach.  I don't know the precise designation of the piece, but I
believe its title is "Minuet in G Major".  (I know, there's more than one
"Minuet in G Major" in the work.)  It was also the basis of a popular song
in the sixties -- something about "How Gentle Is the Rain."
--
Dave Seaman			 ..!pur-ee!pucc-h:ags