From: decvax!genrad!bolton!gordon
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 84 05:25:04 edt
Subject: Re: Periodicals on computer crime/security

The University of Kentucky has an annual conference: The Carnahan Conference
of Crime and Security (approximately the correct title).  I don't know if
they publish their proceedings, but you might look into this.  Almost every
year there are sessions on computer crime.

Gordon Partridge, GenRad, Inc., Mail Stop 98, Route 117, Bolton, MA  10740

From: P von Glahn <vonglahn@UDEL-EE>
Date:     Thu, 27 Sep 84 14:28:18 EDT
Subject:  Computer Security Pubs

Bob:

Two useful publications  in the area of computer security technology
are:

	"Computers and Security" from Elsevier Science Publishers of
	Amsterdam. Quarterly technical journal from IFIP TC-11.
	Includes survey of current literature relating to subject in each issue.
	Annual subscription for libraries $89.00, for private parties ~$45.00.
		US Subscription address:
				Elsevier Science Publishing Co, Inc
				Journal Information Center
				52 Vanderbilt Ave
				New York, NY 10017

	"ACM Transactions on Computer Systems" from ACM.  Quarterly
	technical journal with one-two articles related to computer
	security each issue.  Annual subscription is $70 ($20 for ACM
	members)
		Subscripttion Address:
				Association for Computing Machinery
				PO Box 12105
				Church Street Station
				New York,  NY 10249

Good luck,

pete

From: ihnp4!alberta!calgary!keenan
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 84 22:42:10 mdt

Sorry for the messy mail I sent you, i had a terminal problem.
The main journal is comp[uters and security published by elsavier North
Hollandc with offices in New York
The editor in chief is Dr. harold Joseph Highland
State university of new York
562 Croydon Road
Elmont, NY 11003

There is another published by the computer security isntitute in
Massachusettes
but I don't have a coy handy.

From: P von Glahn <vonglahn@UDEL-EE>
Date:     Thu, 27 Sep 84 20:46:16 EDT
Subject:  More security pubs

Bob:

Another periodical that you may or may not find useful:

	"ACM SIGSAC Review" published by ACM Special Interest Group on
	Security, Audit, and Control.  More or less quarterly, this
	publication addresses mostly security audit topics. Available
	through ACM (1Association for Computing Machinery, 11 West 42nd
	Street, NYC 10036). SIC membership is $12 for ACM members, $26
	otherwise.

Good luck, again.  I'd like to get a copy of your list when you
get it done.

pete

From: hplabs!ucbvax!WMARTIN@SIMTEL20.ARPA
Date: Wed 3 Oct 84 08:18:48-MDT

Sorry for the delay in sending this info; I have been away a week and am
catching up on the backlog.

I have an ad here in front of me from:

Computer Security Institute
43 Boston Post Road
Northborough, MA  01532    (617) 845-5050

which is a place I have received ads from for some years noe.
They are advertising the COMPUTER SECURITY QUARTERLY, described as
"A Godsend for the Security Practicioner" (perhaps a bit of hyperbole there...).

Anyway, subscription rates for CSI members are $32, non-members $35.
Due to rise to $40, but when is unspecified. Will be billed after first
issue is sent.

Hope this is of use,

Will Martin
From: P von Glahn <vonglahn@UDEL-EE>
Date:     Wed, 3 Oct 84 13:12:22 EDT
Subject:  Re: Computer security periodicalls

Bob,

I, too have seen the ad from the Computer Security Institute re 'Computer
Security Quarterly.'  My understanding is that the Institute (and its
publication) deals with large system  / central site ADP system security
from the viewpoint of the system security manager.  They get concerned with
security audit, system security packages, backup procedures, disaster
planning, etc.  Since my interests are in the technical aspects of
computer system security and security architectures, I haven't looked
further into the Institute (since I assume that my interests and its
don't overlap much).   Hope this helps some.

pete