[net.net-people] Clay Phipps, a.k.a. "fortune!phipps", Leaving Net

phipps@fortune.UUCP (Clay Phipps) (10/29/84)

Fortune has just undergone its third Reduction In Force (RIF) in a year,
a move by management coming at the end of an unprofitable quarter (84q3)
that followed its first profitable quarter (84q2) in over a year (83q1).

I was among those riffed-off, which included my manager and his manager.
There is no Languages Development group at Fortune as of today.

Anyone doing any interesting compiler or software development environment
work out there ?  Inquiries are hereby solicited.

Replies to "fortune!phipps" are probably exercises in futility;
my VAX login at Fortune may expire at any moment
(it was deleted the afternoon of the RIF, but temporarily reinstated
because of my reputation for a high level of professional conduct).

Either I or my electronic surrogate (i.e., answering machine)
is reachable by conventional media as follows:
Phone:                         408/247-3716,
US Mail (direct, short term):  4321 # S-212 Norwalk Dr., San Jose, CA 95129.
US Mail (indirect, long term): PO Box 2284, Santa Clara, CA 95055-2284.

-- Clay Phipps

--
            { amd  hplabs!hpda  sri-unix  ucbvax!amd }
                                                      !fortune!phipps

chuqui@nsc.UUCP (Zonker T. Chuqui) (11/02/84)

In article <4562@fortune.UUCP> phipps@fortune.UUCP (Clay Phipps) writes:
>I was among those riffed-off, which included my manager and his manager.
>There is no Languages Development group at Fortune as of today.

I'm also more than willing to forward E-mail to Clay until he can find
another position and/or get himself back onto the net.

chuq
--
From the Department of Bistromatics:                   Chuq Von Rospach
{cbosgd,decwrl,fortune,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!chuqui  nsc!chuqui@decwrl.ARPA

  I'd know those eyes from a million years away....