[net.net-people] Moving on....

chenr@tilt.FUN (Ray Chen) (06/11/85)

tilt!chenr is graduating and moving on.  I don't know if I'll have
access to the net this summer as my summer plans are still uncertain
(anybody have a summer job for me around D.C. ?).  However, I will be
attending grad school at Georgia Tech so I will undoubtedly surface
somewhere off of gatech after Sept.

In the meantime, mail sent to my address on tilt will be spooled until
I get a new address.

avete atqve valete	(Hail and Farewell)

	Ray Chen
	princeton!tilt!chenr

herbie@watdcsu.UUCP (Herb Chong - DCS) (08/23/85)

i have accepted a position at IBM Thomas J Watson Research Center in
New York and currently don't know what my e-mail address will be.
however, i will be back on the net eventually as IBM does have unix
systems attached to USENET.  in the meantime, i'll miss the net.audio
and other discussions.

Herb Chong, BASc, MASc
		  ^^^^
		  reason for moving on.

I'll still be user-friendly -- I don't byte, I nybble....

UUCP:  {decvax|utzoo|ihnp4|allegra|clyde}!watmath!water!watdcsu!herbie
CSNET: herbie%watdcsu@waterloo.csnet
ARPA:  herbie%watdcsu%waterloo.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa
NETNORTH, BITNET, EARN: herbie@watdcs, herbie@watdcsu

chuqui@nsc.UUCP (Chuq Von Rospach) (10/12/85)

{Now its time to say goodbye to all our family....}

This is just a quick note to let people know that the Warlock's Cave is
moving on. Effective October 16, I will no longer be at National
Semiconductor, and I'll be starting a new position in the NFS Consulting
group of Sun Microsystems.

{Emmm	Eye	See 	(See you real soon....)}

I don't know what my new address will be, but I assume it will be
sun!<something>. Mail to nsc!chuqui will forward (I hope) as well,
at least during the changeover. When I get settled over at Sun, I'll let
the world know where I am.

{Kay	Eeee!	Why	(Why, because we like you!)}

Since I expect to have a much lower profile on the net from now on, I
wanted to thank everyone that has taken the time to write intelligent,
thoughtful postings and mail over the last few years -- people who have
helped me grow and learn, and people who have forced me to think and
sometimes admit (however unwillingly) my mistakes. Because of the net, I'm
a much better person than I think I otherwise would have been.

As to the others -- the idiots, the thoughtless, the cynics and the
heartless and hopeless and bigotted, well....

{Emmm	Oh	You	Esss	Eeeeee!}

It goes without saying....

With love,
chuq

--
:From the caverns of the Crystal Cave:  Chuq Von Rospach
Currently: nsc!chuqui@decwrl.ARPA       {decwrl,hplabs,ihnp4,pyramid}!nsc!chuqui

Our time is past -- it is a time for men, not magic. Come, let us leave
this world to the usurpers and rest our weary bones....

dave@andromeda.UUCP (Dave Bloom) (10/14/85)

In article <3248@nsc.UUCP>, chuqui@nsc.UUCP (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
> {Now its time to say goodbye to all our family....}
>
> This is just a quick note to let people know that the Warlock's Cave is
> moving on. Effective October 16, I will no longer be at National
> Semiconductor, and I'll be starting a new position in the NFS Consulting
> group of Sun Microsystems.

> It goes without saying....
>
> With love,
> chuq

Very nice chuq. But most of us couldn't care less. Kindly refrain from
posting your fond farewells all over the net....

      allegra\					       Dave Bloom
      harvard \ pyramid\
       seismo  \  pyrnj >!andromeda!dave         HOME: (201) 868-1764
     ut-sally   >!topaz/			 WORK: (201) 648-5083
       sri-iu  /
ihnp4!packard /		           "You're never alone with a schizophrenic...."

scott@hou2g.UUCP (Colonel'K) (10/22/85)

>> considering all the fine work chuq has contributed to USENET, i don't see
>> anything wrong with his notice of change of address.

>  I agree. And besides, that IS what this newsgroup is for. If David Bloom
>doesn't want to read "fond farewells", he should unsubscribe from this group.

Does that mean he should unsubscribe to ALL THE OTHER GROUPS to which Chuqui
inappropriately distributed his "farewell"?

			SJBerry

msb@lsuc.UUCP (Mark Brader) (10/24/85)

Dave Bloom (dave@andromeda.UUCP) complains:
> In article <3248@nsc.UUCP>, chuqui@nsc.UUCP (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
> > {Now its time to say goodbye to all our family....}
> >
> > This is just a quick note to let people know that the Warlock's Cave is
> > moving on. Effective October 16, I will no longer be at National
> > With love,
> > chuq
>
> Very nice chuq. But most of us couldn't care less. Kindly refrain from
> posting your fond farewells all over the net....

I disagree.  One of the things this group is for -- to my mind,
the most important thing -- is announcements of precisely that kind,
and I'm surprised that nobody else beat me to posting a counter-complaint.

Mark Brader