[net.net-people] How to mail to Rensselaer Poly's MTS?

hsu@eneevax.UUCP (Dave Hsu) (11/30/85)

I'm trying to get through to my brother at RPI so.....
Does anyone know the exact syntax for sending mail to RPI's MTS system?
It appears that the preferred method is to mail via rpi-mts@mit-multics,
but rpi's mailer is rejecting the account name.  Is this a restricted
gateway?  Or do I need to use the mailbox name, which is two words?  How?

Thanks in advance,

-dave
--
Spoken: David Hsu	ARPA: 	hsu @ eneevax.umd.edu	hsu @ mit-prep.arpa
UUCP:	{seismo,allegra}!umcp-cs!eneevax!hsu		BITnet: CF522 @ UMDD

"I realized my destiny when God came to me in a dream and told me
 that I was to be King of All Maryland..."
	-King Tom II; after King Tom III; after King Tom II; after Prince Fred..

lee@rochester.UUCP (Lee Moore) (12/01/85)

In general, you can mail to RPI's MTS system by using the following syntax
	Firstname_Lastname%rpi-mts.mailnet@mit-multics.arpa

Note that you use an underscore between the first and last name.

--
TCP/IP:		lee@rochester.arpa
UUCP:		{seismo, allegra, decvax, cmcl2, topaz, harvard}!rochester!lee

mikel@codas.UUCP (Mikel Manitius) (12/06/85)

> In general, you can mail to RPI's MTS system by using the following syntax
> 	Firstname_Lastname%rpi-mts.mailnet@mit-multics.arpa
>
> Note that you use an underscore between the first and last name.

That's Great! The only thing is, how do you do that if you only have UUCP????
--
			Mikel Manitius @ AT&T-IS Altamonte Springs, FL
			...{ihnp4|akguc|attmail|indra!koura}!codas!mikel

lenoil@mit-eddie.UUCP (Robert Scott Lenoil) (12/09/85)

In article <378@codas.UUCP> mikel@codas.UUCP (Mikel Manitius) writes:
>> In general, you can mail to RPI's MTS system by using the following syntax
>> 	Firstname_Lastname%rpi-mts.mailnet@mit-multics.arpa
>>
>> Note that you use an underscore between the first and last name.
>
>That's Great! The only thing is, how do you do that if you only have UUCP????
>--

Send it through mit-eddie:
mit-eddie!Firstname_Lastname%rpi-mts.mailnet@mit-multics.arpa

Robert Lenoil
USENET: {ihnp4,decvax!genrad,allegra,harvard}!mit-eddie!lenoil
ARPANET: lenoil@eddie.mit.edu

samson@h-sc1.UUCP (gregory samson) (12/10/85)

In article <681@mit-eddie.UUCP> lenoil@mit-eddie.UUCP (Robert Scott Lenoil) writes:
>In article <378@codas.UUCP> mikel@codas.UUCP (Mikel Manitius) writes:
>>> In general, you can mail to RPI's MTS system by using the following syntax
>>> 	Firstname_Lastname%rpi-mts.mailnet@mit-multics.arpa
>>
>>That's Great! The only thing is, how do you do that if you only have UUCP????
>
>Send it through mit-eddie:
>mit-eddie!Firstname_Lastname%rpi-mts.mailnet@mit-multics.arpa
>
>Robert Lenoil

Sure, this is fine and dandy... except for one thing.  They may get your mail,
but sending OUT from RPI's MTS systems is a privilege not given to most of
the students.  I have no idea how you get the privilege, but I know that
most students canNOT mail out of MTS.

-G. T. Samson
 The Evil MicroWizard
 gts@wjh12.HARVARD.EDU