[net.net-people] Question

phaedrus@eneevax.UUCP (Praveen Kumar) (01/14/86)

I am trying to reach a University of Pennsylvania machine called
"UPENN-GradEd".  Can anyone on the BITNET tell me if this is a BITNET
node?  I have tried to reach it from both ARPANET and USENET and have
been unsuccessful.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
--
praveen
This ain't my goddamn planet, monkey-boy!

phaedrus@eneevax.arpa or {seismo,allegra}!umcp-cs!eneevax!phaedrus

zben@umd5.UUCP (01/15/86)

In article <487@eneevax.UUCP> phaedrus@eneevax.UUCP (Praveen Kumar) writes:

>I am trying to reach a University of Pennsylvania machine called
>"UPENN-GradEd".  Can anyone on the BITNET tell me if this is a BITNET
>node?

I doubt it.  Last time I looked, both site names ("node names") and user
names are limited to 8 characters long.  UPENN-GradEd is twelve...

--
"We're taught to cherish what we have   |          Ben Cranston
 by what we have no longer..."          |          zben@umd2.umd.edu