[net.net-people] How can I get to tdcsys3 on the IBM V-Net network?

schuler@gondor.UUCP (David W. Schuler) (02/23/86)

I need to send mail to chifu@tdcsys3 on the IBM V-Net network.  Is there
a gateway between {cs-net, bitnet, uucp, arpa} which I can use to do this?

Thanks in advance,

David W. Schuler           {akgua,allegra,ihnp4}!psuvax1!gondor!schuler
Penn State University      schuler%gondor@penn-state.csnet
602 Sproul Bldg.           schuler%psuvaxg.bitnet@wiscvm.arpa
University Park, PA        {akgua,allegra,ihnp4}!psuvax1!tvw@psuvma.bitnet
                           schuler@gondor.uucp : schuler@psuvaxg.bitnet
Are you a turtle?

herbie@polaris.UUCP (Herb Chong) (02/25/86)

In article <2012@gondor.UUCP> schuler@gondor.UUCP (David W. Schuler) writes:
>I need to send mail to chifu@tdcsys3 on the IBM V-Net network.  Is there
>a gateway between {cs-net, bitnet, uucp, arpa} which I can use to do this?

there is no gateway to VNET.  some IBM internal sites (the various
research centers) are BITNET nodes as well as VNET nodes.  the node you
listed is not and therefore you can't reach it from outside VNET.

Herb Chong...

I'm still user-friendly -- I don't byte, I nybble....

VNET,BITNET,NETNORTH,EARN: HERBIE AT YKTVMH
UUCP:  {allegra|cbosgd|cmcl2|decvax|ihnp4|seismo}!philabs!polaris!herbie
CSNET: herbie.yktvmh@ibm-sj.csnet
ARPA:  herbie.yktvmh.ibm-sj.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa, herbie%yktvmh.bitnet@wiscvm
DISCLAIMER:  what you just read was produced by pouring lukewarm
tea for 42 seconds onto 9 people chained to 6 Ouiji boards.