[net.net-people] who's this "bub" character?

honey@down.FUN (Peter Honeyman) (04/29/86)

i am in receipt of the following message:

	From princeton!yquem!ames!bub Mon Apr 28 18:02:20 1986
	To: yquem!princeton!honey

	just think how much fun it will be to really get your hands on
	me, probe the inside of my mouth with your tongue, feel my body
	get hot and slick under your finger tips.

i am at a loss here -- it's not uncommon for horny net.guys to
mistakenly assume from my login id that i'm female, and send me
mildly flirtatious mail (research!rob comes to mind), but this
is going too far.  would someone please tell bub, whoever he is,
that i'm not into men?  (and vice versa.)  thanks.

						peter

srm@ucbiris.berkeley.edu (Richard Mateosian) (05/05/86)

In article <686@down.FUN> honey@down.FUN (Peter Honeyman) writes:

>i am at a loss here -- it's not uncommon for horny net.guys to
>mistakenly assume from my login id that i'm female, and send me
>mildly flirtatious mail (research!rob comes to mind), but this
>is going too far.  would someone please tell bub, whoever he is,
>that i'm not into men?  (and vice versa.)  thanks.

Gee, Peter, maybe you've jumpped to conclusions about bub's gender.

Richard Mateosian    ...ucbvax!ucbiris!srm 	     2919 Forest Avenue
415/540-7745         srm%ucbiris@Berkeley.EDU        Berkeley, CA  94705

sheryl@pyramid.UUCP (05/05/86)

In article <686@down.FUN> honey@down.FUN (Peter Honeyman) writes:
>i am in receipt of the following message, from princeton!yquem!ames!bub

[explicit sexual proposition deleted]

>it's not uncommon for horny net.guys to mistakenly assume that i'm female.
>would someone please tell bub, whoever he is, that i'm not into men?
>							peter

I would like to point out that even if the victim of this verbal assault
were a female, that would not make it ok!  I wouldn't want anyone to go on
thinking that, were the receiver of this message a woman, she might respond
favorably to this proposition.  The sender of this message, "bub" at Ames,
is clearly a demented pervert, and should be stopped from harrassing
people through the mail, regardless of whether the receiver is male
or female, single or married, or heterosexual or homosexual.

Thank you for your attention.  Now I will step down from my soapbox.

Sheryl Flieder
Pyramid Technology Corp.
Mountain View California

Disclaimer:  my employer has no opinion on this subject

{ topaz, allegra, ut-sally, shasta, decwrl, sun, hplabs } !pyramid!sheryl

jordan@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU (Jordan Hayes) (05/06/86)

In article <686@down.FUN> honey@down.FUN (Peter Honeyman) writes:
>i am in receipt of the following message:
>
>	From princeton!yquem!ames!bub Mon Apr 28 18:02:20 1986
>	To: yquem!princeton!honey
>
>	just think how much fun it will be to really get your hands on
>	me, probe the inside of my mouth with your tongue, feel my body
>	get hot and slick under your finger tips.

Peter,

Your pathalias stuff messed up again -- that message was intended to
go to *me* ... you should know about this by now -- look, next time
you intercept private mail from Bubbette to me, just keep it to your
eyes only -- I'd rather not let the whole net know about it ...

/jordan

ps: good thing this newfangled news system can do private mail as well,
    because we need to be discrete!

sam@bu-cs.UUCP (Shelli Meyers) (05/07/86)

In article <13646@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> ucbvax!jordan (Jordan Hayes) writes:
>In article <686@down.FUN> honey@down.FUN (Peter Honeyman) writes:

>>i am in receipt of the following message:
>>
>>	just think how much fun it will be to really get your hands on
>>	me, probe the inside of my mouth with your tongue, feel my body
>>	get hot and slick under your finger tips.
>
>Your pathalias stuff messed up again -- that message was intended to
>go to *me* ... you should know about this by now -- look, next time
>you intercept private mail from Bubbette to me, just keep it to your
>eyes only -- I'd rather not let the whole net know about it ...
>
>/jordan

Wait a minute...if that was supposed to go to YOU, why did I get FOUR
copies (count 'em FOUR) in my mailbox?  Could bub speak up and identify
his/her gender?  So far, you could be either male or female, straight
or gay.  We're all hanging on your every word.

--
		       **-- Shelli Meyers --**
       UUCP: ...!harvard!bu-cs!sam	 ARPA: sam@bu-cs.bu.edu

	       "So long, and thanks for all the fish."