[net.origins] a ? for creationists

judy@ut-ngp.UUCP (05/14/84)

rxt@lanl-a writes:

>>  Will God Really send me to Hell for believing in Evolution?

>According to the Bible, God will save all those who believe in Jesus Christ,
>and will not save any who will not.  That is the only issue.

>No flames  --  he asked a question.

As I recall the Biblical injunction, it says :

"He who believes and is baptized shall be saved"

According to my introductory logic courses, this statement is mute
on the fate of non-believers.

Any takers???

Stuart Kurtz.  (My opinions are my own.)

I really don't see what this has to do with creationists and it really
belongs in net.religion but I'll bite this once.
I believe that in MATTHEW (somewhere) it says "not everyone who calls
me Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven." Also, I remember reading
in REVELATIONS that Christ threatened to BLOT OUT the names of people from
the BOOK of LIFE if they did not change their ways. So I guess there are
some conditions to the deal. Christians, take note!
As for others, not believing in Christ isn't an instant ticket to hell,
(at least in MY understanding). What I believe happens is that those who
don't have their names in the BOOK of LIFE have to suffer through the
JUDGEMENT. (Hence, JUDGEMENT day)

Not my beliefs, by the way, just my understanding of what I remember reading.

Judy

labelle@hplabsc.UUCP (WB6YZZ Labelle) (05/15/84)

  "He who believes and is baptized will be saved" ??

         Saved from what? - or Whom??

                 GEORGE