[net.origins] more "Proofs" of creation

brianp@shark.UUCP (Brian Peterson) (07/21/84)

??   From: dubois@uwmacc.UUCP
??   Subject: Re: Proofs of creation
??   Lines: 98
??
??   This article deals rather generally with the acceptability
??   of the *ideas* of creation and evolution.  The thesis is that
??   a created universe is more logical.
Is it now?  This brings up the good ol' question "who created god"?
If you say he is eternal, or that he created himself, that is no better
than some scientific conjectures that have been made.  In fact, it is
just anthropomorphizing them.  (that's all gods are anyway, right? :-)
Particle-antiparticle pairs can be made from just a bunch of energy, right?
(assuming there is no net charge, etc)  Now suppose that there is
some sort of "negative energy".  I read some Asimov article proposing
something moving backwards in time (just another direction) as having this
"negative energy".  Thus out of "nothing", we get a bunch of "somethings".
(though taken together, they cancel out)  To respond to the question
"why should some nothing decide to split up?", we can say "why not?"
This makes the very beginning of "creation" (the start of this universe,
anyway) analogous to simple things like particle collisions, rather than
explaining it to a mysterious ("man isn't meant to know" ("I'm ignorant,
and refuse to accept the existence of the world not-as-I-want-it"))
omniscient (wouldn't he get bored), omnipotent (all he could make is a
bunch of miserable sinners.  He couldn't even keep all his angels in line)
infinitely loving (how do you extract sand, coconuts, and lice from a
bowlful of love? :-) created-in-man's-image hallucination?
(8 lines!  I think that sentence got carried away with itself.)

??   (ii)	Entropy.  ...
??   This leads ultimately to the so-called "heat death" of the universe.
What of the theory of an oscillating universe?  Scientests are this
very moment searching the skies to see if there is enough cosmic
sludge to weigh the universe down, until it finally contracts in upon
itself.

??   Conclusion:  the age of the universe is finite.
??   Hence at one time it did not exist.
??   How is it that the universe is?  It was created.
THIS universe is finite.  (so are all the others)
THIS one didn't exist previously.
The only question remaining is "why does existence exist?"
Simple, my dears.  If it didn't, we wouldn't notice.
The various gods are just unnecessary complications added on to
the theory after everything is explained well enough, anyway.
(Some gods had mommies and daddies)

		Brian Peterson	{ucbvax, ihnp4, }  !tektronix!shark!brianp