[net.origins] someone duznt know thermo

brianp@shark.UUCP (Brian Peterson) (09/01/84)

How's this for a blunt statement:

	Rick Hawkins does not understand thermodynamics.

3D    >I'm just a country boy... what aspects of the law of Thermodynamics
3D    >does creationism fit that is not adequately covered by more traditional
3D    >explanations?
3D
3D    The transition from order to disorder.  Life requires/is characterized by
3D    order.
3D       rick                                     (Rick Hawkins @ Olivetti ATC)

Life is characterized by LOCAL order.  Life dumps a load of disorder on
the universe.  The net is disorder.  (Keep track of what happens to
all the energy that gets used, and where it goes)

Brian Peterson  {ucbvax, ihnp4, }  !tektronix!shark!brianp

hawk@oliven.UUCP (09/07/84)

Newsgroups: net.origins
Subject: Re: someone duznt know thermo

[Anybody got some salt for my feet?]

>How's this for a blunt statement:
>
>	Rick Hawkins does not understand thermodynamics.
>

>3D    >I'm just a country boy... what aspects of the law of Thermodynamics
>3D    >does creationism fit that is not adequately covered by more traditional
>3D    >explanations?
>3D
>3D    The transition from order to disorder.  Life requires/is characterized by
>3D    order.
>3D       rick                                     (Rick Hawkins @ Olivetti ATC)
>
>Life is characterized by LOCAL order.  Life dumps a load of disorder on
>the universe.  The net is disorder.  (Keep track of what happens to
>all the energy that gets used, and where it goes)
>
>Brian Peterson  {ucbvax, ihnp4, }  !tektronix!shark!brianp

How did I get myself into this???   Anyway, the argument is that life is
characterized by order and that thermodynamics calls for a decrease in order of
the closed system.  I'm not trying to support the position, I was interested in
seeing discussion about it.  I think that I first saw this notion in a science
textbook (chemistry or physics).  [not in defense of creationism, just as an
observation].  I'm rambling.  The point is that I should have stated that that
was the argument, or better yet kept my yap shut.  Similarly, I'm not going to
argue for or against the value of c changing over time.  I would like, however,
to see the discussions.

I suppose that I should state my own position while I am at it.  I really don't
find the issue that important--I am much more concerned about *why* He created
the universe than *how* He did it.  As far as I'm concerned, there is no
question as to whether or not He did it.

Anyway, the next time I toss something out for the sake of argument without the
intention or ability to support the position, I'll be careful to say so.

--
   rick                                     (Rick Hawkins @ Olivetti ATC)
[hplabs|zehntel|fortune|ios|tolerant|allegra|tymix]!oliveb!oliven!hawk