[net.origins] Creationists are Racists!??

pvp@ihuxl.UUCP (Philip Polli) (09/25/84)

A. Ray Miller writes:

>     Finally, several people jumped on my comments last time about the basis
>for morality.  I'd rather not get into that too much here.  It is a subject for
>net.religion or .philosophy (which I don't read).  I'm following up on that via
>personal mail with several people.  Suffice it to say I was answering a charge
>by Phil Polli that creationists are racists, and in that context, the remarks
>were appropriate.

Would Mr. Miller or somebody else please post the quotation from me that
charges creationists with being racists?

I have, of course, accused them (in various ways) of stupidity,
fanatacism, fudging of evidence, truly horrible reasoning,
and intellectual dishonesty.

But racism? Where, Mr. Miller, did you ever get that idea?

	Phil Polli
	{ihnp4!}ihuxl!pvp

miller@uiucdcsb.UUCP (09/27/84)

Courtesy demands that I break my (self imposed) limit of one article/week to
net.origins.  The other day, I wrote:
> ... I was answering a charge by Phil Polli that creationists are racists ...

To which he replied:
>Would Mr. Miller or somebody else please post the quotation from me that
>charges creationists with being racists?

Well, the quotation was:
>A God of ignorance, a God of hate, a God of Holy War, a bigoted God, who won't
>let any but those of his own "color" survive.  Remember, the NAZIs had this
>God on their side.

Unfortunately, it was Chuck Jones and not Phil Polli who made this statement.
I got the reference correct in my original article, but did the second one from
memory.  Phil has my public appology on the net as of right now.

A. Ray Miller
Univ Illinois