[net.origins] Gills in humans

In article <373@cadovax.UUCP> keithd@cadovax.UUCP (Keith Doyle) writes:
>other similar evidence of evolutionary history.   The early development
>of the skull and some internal organs progress through stages that are
>somewhat like that of simpler animal forms.  In addition, there is some
>indication that gills and/or gill-like openings develop and occasionally
>persist.
	A brief side point, actually one of the embryonic gill
slits *regularly* persists in adult humans, we call them the ears.
This can be determined by following the developement of an embryo,
watching the fates of the originally *full* set of gill slits of
the early embryo.
--

				Sarima (Stanley Friesen)

{trwrb|allegra|burdvax|cbosgd|hplabs|ihnp4|sdcsvax}!sdcrdcf!psivax!friesen