[net.origins] Integrated Circuits???

dimitrov@csd2.UUCP (Isaac Dimitrovsky) (01/29/85)

[]

Ray Miller writes:

>As I have often stated, the premise is that all organisms were created in
>perfect organization & were functionally complete.  Any change from that state
>then, would of necessity be a downward change.  Mutations should be harmful,
>not helpful.

Now, this can be interpreted in a reasonably scientific way.  For example,
"God created all organisms in a perfect state, and so any mutations which
occur in an organisms genes have no chance (or an inconceivably small
chance) of being beneficial to that organism."

This can even be tested scientifically (at least the part about mutations
having no chance of being beneficial). In fact, given the rate at which
molecular biology is progressing, it should not be too long before it
either becomes a completely indefensible position, or it is confirmed
(surprise!), leading to serious problems for evolutionists.

However, only a serious case of anthropomorphism could allow Ray to derive
from that statement the following explanation for the existence of diseases:

>The ultimate root cause is that it is a direct consequence of our fall from our
>initial condition in which we were created.  I expect most of the diseases are
>a mutation which proved to be quite harmful to us, directly or indirectly.
>This ties in with my comments about hereditary diseases, above.

The fundamental problem with this is the confusion between
harmful mutations = mutations harmful to the organism in which they occur, and
harmful mutations = mutations which make the organism in which they occur
	harmful to man.

Ray, disease and parasite organisms are every bit as complex and well adapted
to their environment as beneficial organisms. If you are saying that they came
into being because of mutations from harmless organisms, then you are in effect
assuming the evolution in six thousand years of organisms just as intricate as
those which you tell evolutionists could never have evolved in six billion
years.

I don't think you want to do that. Do you?

If you don't, please come up with another scientific-creationist reason
for the existence of disease organisms.