[net.origins] Christian men of science?! To Larry Bickford, everyone should read

hua@cmu-cs-gandalf.ARPA (Ernest Hua) (03/25/85)

Larry,

	Since you insist upon bringing up the old creationist ploy of
"fairness", I will remind you that science is NOT fair.  We do not give
equal time to pseudosciences like creationism, alchemy, astrology, etc.
You would not want a quack doctor to take care of your sickness, would
you?  After all, we should give them EQUAL TIME, shouldn't we?  (Sar-
casm)

> { From: Larry Bickford, {amd,sun,decwrl,idi,ittvax,cbosgd}!qubix!lab }
>
> If there cannot be "Christian men of science," then there also cannot be
> "atheistic men of science" - they would be just as prejudiced. This
> rules out Gould, Eldredge, and just about all the other major
> evolutionists....

"Christian men of science" is a lot of crock.  We don't care what other
scientists do on their spare time, but if they bring religion into their
work, their careers will terminate quickly.  Why creationists think that
they should be given different considerations when they request recogni-
tion from us is beyond me.

I posted your letter to me because it is an excellant example of the
pseudo-reasoning that creationists use to get their theory around the
scrutiny of scientists.

Keebler { hua@cmu-cs-gandalf.arpa }