[net.origins] What is 6 * 9?

meister@faron.UUCP (Philip W. Servita) (03/19/85)

In article <14600003@hpfcrs.UUCP> lief@hpfcrs.UUCP (lief) writes:

>     That's funny -- the Bible I read never said the earth was flat.  You
>better go learn to read!
>
>     Your supposedly *scientific* theory of evolution can't even answer the
>simple question of where all matter came from in the first place, or what was
>here before the beginning, or what lies beyond the universe -- need I say
>any more about the primitive nature of the theory of evolution?

>Lief Sorensen

oh fantastic! the criterion for a theory's correctness has now become:

      How many questions does it answer?

just great. not a single mention of whether any of the answers are correct,
or even feasible. this is absolutely incredible:

at home, in my refrigerator, there is an incredibly inteligent piece
of slime sitting on top of a 7 year old piece of pizza. everything in the
universe INCLUDING your god was created by this piece of slime 7 years
ago. it is obviously the supreme being, as it created YOUR god to do all
the dirty work like blowing the clouds around, and making sure fires
are hot enough to burn things, while it sits around and drinks Perrier.
everything works the way it does simply because it is the way this piece
of slime WANTS it to work. it is pointless to ask why as we are to stupid to
understand.

This theory is OBVIOUSLY the most sophisticated and correct, after all,
it answers EVERYTHING!! Can we all go home now?

                                        -the venn buddhist.

PS. i refuse to put a :-) after this as it is no less feasible and
contradicts no less evidence than the account given in Genesis.

         is anything really trash before you throw it away?

ethan@utastro.UUCP (Ethan Vishniac) (03/25/85)

> at home, in my refrigerator, there is an incredibly inteligent piece
> of slime sitting on top of a 7 year old piece of pizza. everything in the
> universe INCLUDING your god was created by this piece of slime 7 years
> ago. it is obviously the supreme being, as it created YOUR god to do all
> the dirty work like blowing the clouds around, and making sure fires
> are hot enough to burn things, while it sits around and drinks Perrier.
> everything works the way it does simply because it is the way this piece
> of slime WANTS it to work. it is pointless to ask why as we are to stupid to
> understand.
>
> This theory is OBVIOUSLY the most sophisticated and correct, after all,
> it answers EVERYTHING!! Can we all go home now?
>
>                                         -the venn buddhist.

*** REPLACE THIS SLIME WITH YOUR MESSIAH ***

I think this deserves an award as the most compelling reason *not* to clean
out refrigerators I have ever heard.

"Don't argue with a fool.      Ethan Vishniac
 Borrow his money."            {charm,ut-sally,ut-ngp,noao}!utastro!ethan

*Anyone who wants to claim these opinions is welcome to them.*