[net.origins] Institute for Creationist Mathematics

gawilson@watdaisy.UUCP (Graham Wilson) (04/03/85)

	I am amused by what you secular humanist mathematicians base your
theories of mathematics on.  All you have is a bunch of measurements, some
silly conjectures and a pile of flimsy books on geometry.  These are
nothing compared to the holy writ of God found in Chronicles.  These
heathons (sp?) declare that the value of pi is (approximately) 3.14!

	My theory of mathematics is based on the irrefutable word of God
as he speaks in  Chapter 4 of 2 Chronicles:

    "Also he made a molten sea of ten cubits from brim to
     brim, round in compass, and five cubits in height thereof;
     and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about."

This obviously means that the God-given value of pi is 3, not some
irrational value like 3.14......  I pray that Jesus will show you the
way to the Truth and Light before you meet the Father on the Day of
Judgement.

		Graham Wilson
		Institute for Creationist Mathematics
		Waterloo, Ontario

I hope the point is made...

"Men rarely (if ever) manage to dream up a god superior to themselves.  Most
 gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child." - Lazarus Long

cjh@petsd.UUCP (04/04/85)

[]
	Graham Wilson writes:
>                                                             These are
> nothing compared to the holy writ of God found in Chronicles.  These
> heathons (sp?) declare that the value of pi is (approximately) 3.14!
>
> 	My theory of mathematics is based on the irrefutable word of God
> as he speaks in  Chapter 4 of 2 Chronicles:
>
>     "Also he made a molten sea of ten cubits from brim to
>      brim, round in compass, and five cubits in height thereof;
>      and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about."
>
> This obviously means that the God-given value of pi is 3...

	Well, um, if we allow the writer (or the maker of that
"molten sea") to round his dimensions to the nearest cubit, we
are free to let pi be anything from 30.5/9.5 = 3.21 to
29.5/10.5 = 2.81.

	This would be the definitive refutation of either
Evolutionism or Creationism, if I could only figure out which.

Regards,
Chris

--
Full-Name:  Christopher J. Henrich
UUCP:       ..!(cornell | ariel | ukc | houxz)!vax135!petsd!cjh