[net.origins] ultimatum: Isolation and Unique Species

hua@cmu-cs-edu1.ARPA (Ernest Hua) (04/30/85)

> From: dubois@uwmacc.UUCP (Paul DuBois)

> >> [Paul DuBois]
> >> No, I don't.  I meant what I said, viz. "what creationist actually
> >> uses this argument?"  No acrimony implied.
>
> > [Jeff Sonntag]
> >     So should we just add this one to the list of phenomena which is easily
> > explained by evolution and ignored by creationists?
>
> Maybe.  Or maybe someone could actually come up with the creationists
> who make this argument.  Or maybe someone could just admit that it's
> a straw man, and quit circling around the question.

Well, maybe not the specific argument originally suggested, but something
reasonably close ...

I am not too sure of the original source, though I know it was Henry
Morris who wrote it.  I believe it went something like this:

"... the informed Christian is well aware that the evidence presented
in the Bible out weighs any scientific theory or data ...  As for the
age of the earth, and other conflicts, since He was the author, He
COULD have made it that way ..."

This is a rough quotation from memory.  If anyone knows of the exact
quotation, please post it.

By the way, what happened to the original topic?

Live long and prosper.

Keebler { hua@cmu-cs-gandalf.arpa }