[net.misc] News drop facility

franka@tekcad.UUCP (Frank Adrian) (11/21/83)

	I recieved this message via mail today:

>From: tektronix!decvax!harpo!ihnp4!inuxc!pur-ee!pucc-h.nhj
>Date: Thu, 17 Nov 83 01:42:05 EST
>Subject: Re: Offensiveness (long article) - (nf)
>
>Speaking of censorship, how about students who can read articles on the
>net, but cannot themselves post anything?  If we all could all post there
>would be problems with volume perhaps, but I wouldn't mind a short lived
>article as long as it had a chance to be received.
>
>Working towards the real world, and wondering why . .
>
>Bob Campbell  Purdue School of Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering

	I feel that this is disgusting and for that reason, I am offering
a news drop facility for those who cannot post articles to the news system.
If you send mail to me with the Subject line "NewsDrop: <newsgroup>", I
will submit them for you. I will continue this service for as long as disk
space (and my patience) holds out. This does not mean that I will forward
replies to these articles, however. If you wish to respond to somebody, do
not use the reply command. Instead, mail to him.
	Thanks for telling me about this, Bob. Always glad to help out a
fellow Midwesterner. LONG LIVE THE FREE NET.

               				From the truly menacing,
   /- -\       				but usually underestimated,
    <->        				Frank Adrian
               				(tektronix!tekcad!franka)