[net.origins] Worshiping science.

hua@cmu-cs-edu1.ARPA (Ernest Hua) (05/09/85)

> { From: dan@scgvaxd.UUCP (Dan Boskovich) }
>
> Actually, I am well aware of Mark Twain's hatred for religion. But,
> his failure to acknowledge God has in no way impeded his insight into
> other areas of life. Many of his books are quite amusing. In fact, I
> am also quite a fan of Nathaniel Hawthorne, who also is quite obvious
> in his attacks against puritanical Christianity, yet manages to write
> some very interesting and fascinating stories.
>
> I hope I didn't offend you with my posting of Twain's quote. I will try
> to be as careful as all the evolutionists are out there so as not to
> offend anyone who worships science.

I hope anyone who worships science is greatly offended in everyway possible.
When you worship anything, you give up your own self in exchange for some-
thing which you may not know anything about.  This is stagnation of the mind.
If you are of the attitude that everyone worships something and hence the
conclusion that scientists "worship" science, then please introduce this
idea to net.religion and discuss it there.  (You will no doubt be flamed to
the max.)

Meanwhile, your post is full of religion, which does not belong here.  This
is your second warning ...

> Q: What did the chaplain on the Titanic say to his congregation?
>
> A: Lets all stand and sink together!

Certainly demonstrates the stupidity of the chaplain.

Keebler { hua@cmu-cs-gandalf.arpa }