[net.origins] The "Scientific Case" Against Evolution

hugo@cmu-cs-gandalf.ARPA (Peter Su) (05/14/85)

From: rck@iham1.UUCP (Ron Kukuk)

>that ''Neither Dr. Patterson [of the British Museum of Natural  History]
>nor  Dr.  Eldredge [of the American Museum  of  Natural  History]  could
>give   me   any explanation  of  the  origination of the first cell.'' Dr.
>Raup replied, ''I can't either.''

But, what does this have to do with the theory of evolution??  Nobody has
ever claimed that the theory explained anything about the origins of the
first cell!!

Why don't the creationists do two things:

	1) Start giving evidence for creation, no against evolution
	2) STOP arguing that evolutiionary theory does no explain what it
never claimed to explain (i.e. the ORIGIN of anything, in particular, life,
the universe, and etc...)

Sheesh!!

--
Pete