[net.origins] Don't get mad...

clyde@ut-ngp.UUCP (Clyde W. Hoover) (05/16/85)

Steve Wall in <80@ritcv> writes:

> Creation doesn't have to be science to be true.  There are some things which
> science can't explain.

Here is the problem.  If Joe Random belives ANYTHING strongly enough, NO
amount of counter-argument will move him.  This is what we find with
creationism.  If you REALLY believe that 'God' can do ANYTHING, why then of
course He (I assume that 'He' is the official pronoun) can create the ENTIRE
UNIVERSE IN THE EXACT FORM WE SEE IT.

Hate to say it folks, but the creationists are having a great time on this
newsgroup.  They make outrageous (but deeply felt?) statements about the
nature of life, the universe and everything and dozens of people with capital
letters after their names (PhD), divert themselves from their work to
write replies.  (I don't have a PhD, so my time isn't as valuable :-)).

However, this is the most interesting part of Steve Wall's posting:

> Personally, I find evolution harder to believe than
> creation, just because of the problems accociated with it.

This seems to be the crux of the entire creationist movement.  I get
the impression that creationists (***GENERALIZATION WARNING***) have
a problem accepting that Man may be the result of natural biologic
forces instead of a one-of-a-kind creation by some Great Creator.

If being evolved from the great apes diminishes the basic worth
of Man, I'm hard pressed to see how.  Maybe I just haven't seen
the light :-).

--
Shouter-To-Dead-Parrots @ Univ. of Texas Computation Center; Austin, Texas

"Forward my mail to the corner of Pork and Beans"

	clyde@ut-ngp.ARPA, clyde@ut-sally.ARPA
	...!ihnp4!ut-ngp!clyde, ...!allegra!ut-ngp!clyde