[net.misc] Naiveness in regard to the Great White North

wbpesch@ihuxp.UUCP (11/18/83)

Please forgive this American whose only exposure to Canada has been
Rush, the Guess Who, and Bob and Doug MacKenzie.  But what do you mean
that Newfoundland was added to Canada in 1949?  I had always
thought of everything above us (I mean the U.S.) was Canada, home of
ice hockey and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.  Where have I fallen
astray from history.
--
                                          Walt Pesch
                                    AT&T Western Electric

padpowell@wateng.UUCP (PAD Powell [Admin]) (11/20/83)

If everything north of the 49th parallel was in Canada,  I think you should
kiss most of Mass., Maine, and Vermont goodby.

By the way,  I hope you realize that Greenland is linked to Denmark, not
Canada.

Patrick ("he must be a graduate of the U.S. High School System") Powell

ags@pucc-k (Seaman) (11/24/83)

>  If everything north of the 49th parallel was in Canada,  I think you should
>  kiss most of Mass., Maine, and Vermont goodby.

No part of Mass., Maine or Vermont is north of the 49th parallel.  Except for
a small part of Minnesota and all of Alaska, the entire U.S. is south of the
49th parallel.

				Dave Seaman
				..!pur-ee!pucc-k!ags

ags%pucc-k@phs.UUCP (Seaman) (11/24/83)

Date:Wed, 23-Nov-83 16:54:28 EST
Organization:Purdue University Computing Center

>  If everything north of the 49th parallel was in Canada,  I think you should
>  kiss most of Mass., Maine, and Vermont goodby.

No part of Mass., Maine or Vermont is north of the 49th parallel.  Except for
a small part of Minnesota and all of Alaska, the entire U.S. is south of the
49th parallel.

				Dave Seaman
				..!pur-ee!pucc-k!ags

pcc@hlhop.UUCP (P.C. Criqui) (11/28/83)

I guess I really haven't been paying attention.  I've been flying a lot, so I
guess I could have missed the 'quake, but I would have thought that it would
have been in the paper.  When did Mass. break off and drift so far north???

                                       $:<)#
              (That's a :-)  but bearded, moustached, and expensive haircut.)