[net.origins] net.origins.origins

csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) (07/31/85)

Hi. I'm new to this newsgroup, and frankly I'm a little confused about
it.

Here's what I mean: I was a little tired of flaming on net.abortion, so
I subscribed to this group. For the past twenty minutes I have carefully
read the discussions on either side. After a while, I noticed that the
posting dates indicate that some of these articles have been here for
DAYS! Now here's the real problem: this newsgroup cannot be more than
twenty minutes old (maybe twenty five, I'd have to check the exact time
I subscribed) so how come the messages says that they're days old?

I have conclusive proof that this newsgroup cannot be any older than two
hours (the userlog on MIT-VX will show that I have only been logged on
for about two hours!)

I think that the posting dates have been PURPOSEFULLY altered by
Rich-Rosen-types that want to falsely claim that they have been posting
to this newsgroup for weeks. I wasn't born yesterday, though (I'm nine
days old). I know that binary data can easily be changed thus any
"proof" such as subscription files that predate my logging in tonight
can be proven to be fakes.

I also want to point out, in anticipation of one weak argument against
my claim, that my assertion is based on *scientific method* and NOT my
personal belief that I am the center of the universe and that nothing
exists that I do not personally experience. I would not think to mix
religion and science.

I will leave my terminal on for a while so that others can post
terminal, this newsgroup will cease to exist and I'm not sure if it will
be the same when it is spontaneously created the next time I login.

Will somebody please explain where these Rosen-types get off trying to
change the facts?

--
Charles Forsythe
CSDF@MIT-VAX

"I'm not a fool!"
-The Hated One

bch@mcnc.UUCP (Byron Howes) (08/02/85)

In article <508@mit-vax.UUCP> csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) writes:

>I have conclusive proof that this newsgroup cannot be any older than two
>hours (the userlog on MIT-VX will show that I have only been logged on
>for about two hours!)
>
>I think that the posting dates have been PURPOSEFULLY altered by
>Rich-Rosen-types that want to falsely claim that they have been posting
>to this newsgroup for weeks. I wasn't born yesterday, though (I'm nine
>days old). I know that binary data can easily be changed thus any
>"proof" such as subscription files that predate my logging in tonight
>can be proven to be fakes.

Cheese it, guys, he's on to us...

--

						Byron C. Howes