[net.origins] No "origins" lately!

hogan@rosevax.UUCP (Andy Hogan) (10/09/85)

Our site has received no posts to net.origins since the following:

>From: kurtzman@uscvax.UUCP (Stephen Kurtzman)
>Subject: Re: Lighter Gravity - the math
>Date: 30 Sep 85 17:47:22 GMT

>In article <974@oddjob.UUCP> matt@oddjob.UUCP (Matt Crawford) writes:
>>(with help from macsyma) and got an Earth-Saturn distance of 49.3
>>megameters.  The radius of Saturn is about 60.3 megameters, so the
>>Earth would have to be down in the clouds somewhere to lower our
>>surface gravity at the sub-Saturn point by 500 cm/sec^2.
>>Matt		University	crawford@anl-mcs.arpa
>>Crawford	of Chicago	ihnp4!oddjob!matt
>
>Since the fact that the earth orbited Saturn cannot be controverted, this
>of course implies that the atmosphere of Saturn is breathable! :-)

Have all the arguments about origins been resolved? If so, according
to what viewpoint?????   Or am I missing a bunch of posts?   I miss
the high standards and keen intellectual discussions of this group! :-)
Other newsgroups I read often continue with normal amounts of new
postings, so the sudden quiet in this newsgroup is puzzling.....

If this makes it out, could I get some e-mail acknowledgement, perhaps
with an estimate or summary of what has been missed?
(By the way, I missed the original that started this....called "Lighter
Gravity, the math" or some such, it apparently calculates the Earth-Saturn
distance required??? Could some kind (nearby) soul send me a copy of this? )
--
Andy Hogan   Rosemount, Inc.   Mpls MN
path: ...ihnp4!stolaf!umn-cs!mmm!rosevax!hogan

pmd@cbsck.UUCP (Paul M. Dubuc) (10/17/85)

>Our site has received no posts to net.origins since the following:
>Have all the arguments about origins been resolved?  ...

>Andy Hogan

Yes, net.origins is over.  It's the end of the begining.
--

Paul Dubuc 	cbsck!pmd