[net.origins] Apostle's Creed

stassen@spp2.UUCP (Chris Stassen) (03/13/86)

In article <519@imsvax.UUCP> ted@imsvax.UUCP (Ted Holden) writes:
>... the situation would resemble
>several very large and heavy round boulders sitting atop a plateau, the
>creationists (such as DuBois) thinking it reasonable that the boulders
>were PUT there, and you claiming that they ROLLED UP the hill, only very
>long ago (billyuns and billyuns of years ago) and very, very slowly, so as
>not to look so damned stupid trying to explain HOW.  The message of
>modern science is flatly contradicted by ordinary experience.

	... and the Velikovskians, who are sure that a near-collision
with Neptune temporarily inverted gravity, and caused all of the rocks
to float to the top of the hill.  :-(

	Haven't we had this "order from disorder" discussion
enough times?  Ted's analogy is flawed, anyhow.  (I'll take it
up with anyone who cares by Email).

				-- Chris