[net.abortion] final argument against

merrill@gigi.DEC (Rick GIGI::Merrill DECRITE) (08/30/84)

If you already OPPOSE ABORTION you may want to STOP reading.
If you are so-called "pro-choice" and claim you or others have a
"choice" to kill the unborn, what is it inside you that still prevents
you from choosing to consume what you kill?  Most hunters at least do that.

kjm@ut-ngp.UUCP (Ken Montgomery) (09/01/84)

  > From: merrill@gigi.DEC (Rick GIGI::Merrill  DECRITE)
  >
  > If you already OPPOSE ABORTION you may want to STOP reading.
  > If you are so-called "pro-choice" and claim you or others have a
  > "choice" to kill the unborn, what is it inside you that still prevents
  > you from choosing to consume what you kill?  Most hunters at least do that.

Do you eat every bug you kill?  (Cockroaches! Yum! :-))  What is so
special about the unborn?  Should we make them a delicacy, perhaps? :-) :-)

[BTW, notice that the author of the quoted article appears to be a man,
judging by the first name given.  Why do men oppose a solution for a
problem that can't happen to them, when this solution can't hurt them?]
--
Continuing to take anti-choice arguments with a large grain of ":-)",
I remain the

"Shredder-of-hapless-smurfs"  [the CARTOON smurfs, Mr. Arndt!]
(Ken Montgomery)
...!{ihnp4,seismo,ctvax}!ut-sally!ut-ngp!kjm  [Usenet, when working]
kjm@ut-ngp.ARPA  [for Arpanauts only]

mat@hou4b.UUCP (Mark Terribile) (09/04/84)

>	[BTW, notice that the author of the quoted article appears to be a man,
>	judging by the first name given.  Why do men oppose a solution for a
>	problem that can't happen to them, when this solution can't hurt them?]

Why?  Well, why should I care about the fact that someone I didn't know
was murdered for his wallet?  Why should I care that 40 families were burnt
out of their home by an arsonist?  Why should I care about anything or anyone?

If you can answer that question, then you should understand why I care about
the killing of unborn children.
--

	from Mole End			Mark Terribile
		(scrape .. dig )	hou5d!mat

brianp@shark.UUCP (Brian Peterson) (09/07/84)

AB   From: merrill@gigi.DEC (Rick GIGI::Merrill  DECRITE)
AB   If you already OPPOSE ABORTION you may want to STOP reading.

If you already are on the "same side", you don't have to listen to
new ideas, or think.

AB   If you are so-called "pro-choice" and claim you or others have a
AB   "choice" to kill the unborn, what is it inside you that still prevents
AB   you from choosing to consume what you kill?  Most hunters at least do that.

How many "pro-choice" people are insisting that they personally get
to kill an embryo?  And what makes you think that if I were to kill
an embryo I would not eat it?   (better than dorm food  :-)
Not that I want to kill embryos, or eat them....

Brian Peterson  {ucbvax, ihnp4, }   !tektronix!shark!brianp

coffler@grok.DEC (Jeff Coffler) (09/24/84)

>Uh, gentlemen...
>
>I am really getting tired of seeing this arguement of 'the woman accepts the
>man's advances, ergo, she should accept responsibility.'  Contraception is a
>two way street, and there are methods, both temporary and permanent, that
>a man can use.
>
><FLAME ON!!!>
>
>So, if you are so bloody worried about the woman getting pregnant, why don't
>*you* do something about it!!!!
>
><FLAME OFF>
>
>Laurie Sefton

Bravo, Laurie.  Many realize it is a two way street;
so few do something about it ...

Jeff Coffler (GROK::COFFLER)