[net.abortion] Hull on abortion and cap. punishment

twiss@stolaf.UUCP (Thomas S. Twiss) (11/23/84)

>>In article <ccice5.570> rdz@ccice5.UUCP (Robert D. Zarcone) writes:
>>>Can someone tell me why the people who *usually* are strongly
>>>against abortion are *usually* strongly for capital punishment?
>>
>Because I believe in the right to life.  Both the unborn baby and the
>victim of violent crime have that right.
>
>P.S. "Capital punishment" is semantically null.  I support a death
>penalty and the reason I do is inherent in the name I give it.
>--
>					Blessed Be,
> jhull@spp2.UUCP			Jeff Hull
> trwspp!spp2!jhull@trwrb.UUCP		13817 Yukon Ave.
>					Hawthorne, CA 90250

	All Jeff has done is to state his position without even
attempting to address the issues at hand.  In fact, he has merely
presented a logical inconsistency: I believe in the right to life,
therefore I believe in killing as punishment.  Get serious.
	Also, I am curious about the phrase "victims of violent crimes".
Just which violent crimes does he think should be punished by death?!  I
find this character very scary.

--

Tom Twiss @ St. Olaf College
{decvax,ihnp4}!stolaf!twiss

"If the Paradox and the Reason come together in a mutual understanding
of their unlikeliness their encounter will be happy..."

						-Soren Kierkegaard