[net.music] BEAVER BROWN vs THE BOSS

dmf@whuxi.UUCP (01/02/85)

Don't know about you guys, but when "Darkside" came
out I sorta liked it.  Now when I turn on MTV and see
John Cafferty and Beaver Brown, I WANT TO KILL THEM!

First of all, yes, they ripped off Springstein but
did you ever notice how they attempt to have a
Clarence Clemmons look-a-like and since the ugly
singer can't look like Bruce, his pseudo-keyboard
played tries his hardest to mimick him, complete
with demin, curly hair and bandana.

COME OFF IT BEAVER BOREDOM!  At least the guys
who imitated the beatles called themselves
"Beatlemania".

Perhaps they should change their name to "BOSSMANIA"
cause' I don't think their career will "take off"
if they keep rippin' off Brucie.
Better yet, I would love to see Bruce drag his
imitators down to "E STREET" and beat the crap out of
them.

gregbo@houxm.UUCP (Greg Skinner) (01/03/85)

> From: dmf@whuxi.UUCP

> First of all, yes, they ripped off Springstein but
> did you ever notice how they attempt to have a
> Clarence Clemmons look-a-like and since the ugly
> singer can't look like Bruce, his pseudo-keyboard
> played tries his hardest to mimick him, complete
> with demin, curly hair and bandana.

Yeah, "On the Dark Side" does sound a lot like the Boss, doesn't it?  I'm not
surprised that "On the Dark Side" took off after the Boss's success with "Dan-
cing in the Dark" and "Cover Me" because the first time "On the Dark Side" was
released (fall of '83) no one was interested.

> Perhaps they should change their name to "BOSSMANIA"
> cause' I don't think their career will "take off"
> if they keep rippin' off Brucie.
> Better yet, I would love to see Bruce drag his
> imitators down to "E STREET" and beat the crap out of
> them.

I imagine there will be a news posting from bruce@asburypark.UUCP soon enough
so we will get to hear the Boss's personal comments on the subject.
--
			Baby tie your hair back in a long white bow ...
			Meet me in the field, behind the dynamo ...

Greg Skinner (gregbo)
{allegra,cbosgd,ihnp4}!houxm!gregbo

kim@trsvax.UUCP (01/07/85)

Don't get mad at John Cafferty.  There are a lot of guys out there that
can't sing.  They can't help it if you think they are imitating Brucie.