[net.abortion] Its a bad law - FLAME ABOUT MANI

andrews@uiucdcsb.UUCP (01/11/85)

While I do not condone bombing abortion clinics, it is interesting to think
about whether there would have been a large public outcry had Aushwitz(sp?)
or one of the other Concentration camps been bombed.  Also, I recall hearing
a statement by the head of one of the clinics, in Flordia I think, that was
bombed say, "the bombers do not stop to think if there was anyone alive in
here."  It is interesting that neither do the abortion doctors.

Yes, it is true that the basic issue is of when does human life begin.
And since I firmly believe that it begins at conception, I have no choice
but to be against abortion, except when the mother's life is truely in danger.(As opposed to those times they claim there is danger, when there is really not)
Actually, it is more dangerous to have an abortion than not.

Sorry I didn't copy the previous text, but I have no idea how to do this.

				Brad Andrews

lydgate@reed.UUCP (Chris Lydgate) (01/14/85)

In article <28000021@uiucdcsb.UUCP> andrews@uiucdcsb.UUCP writes:

>While I do not condone bombing abortion clinics, it is interesting to think
>about whether there would have been a large public outcry had Aushwitz(sp?)
>or one of the other Concentration camps been bombed.

I saw a cartoon in the paper on this theme.  Two terrorists stand
in two piles of smoking rubble; one marked "Abortion Clinic"
and one marked "US Embassy". Both are saying "A voice from
God told me to do it."

No one *wants* an abortion. But some women want a child even
less. That is why we have abortion clinics.  Not quite the
same as a Concentration camp, wouldn't you say?

Let's here it one more time; *Terrorism*, no matter what its
goal, is wrong. (And usually useless)

		Chris  Lydgate

johnston@spp1.UUCP (01/17/85)

> In article <28000021@uiucdcsb.UUCP> andrews@uiucdcsb.UUCP writes:
>
> >While I do not condone bombing abortion clinics, it is interesting to think
> >about whether there would have been a large public outcry had Aushwitz(sp?)
> >or one of the other Concentration camps been bombed.
>
> I saw a cartoon in the paper on this theme.  Two terrorists stand
> in two piles of smoking rubble; one marked "Abortion Clinic"
> and one marked "US Embassy". Both are saying "A voice from
> God told me to do it."
>
> No one *wants* an abortion. But some women want a child even
> less. That is why we have abortion clinics.  Not quite the
> same as a Concentration camp, wouldn't you say?

Could it be said that Hitler didn't necessarily want jews killed, but he
certainly wanted a whole lot less of them on the earth.

> Let's here it one more time; *Terrorism*, no matter what its
> goal, is wrong. (And usually useless)
>
> 		Chris  Lydgate

Terrorism is not the answer I agree         Mike Johnston