[net.abortion] Rhe: -torical methods

rlr@pyuxd.UUCP (Pesmard Flurrmn) (01/30/85)

> > [series of letters "from a fetus"]
>
> My opinion of a group (political or otherwise) is swayed not only by what
> they say but by the rhetorical methods they use.  Are there actually people
> who would be swayed by such fiction?
> 						-Dragon

Are you kidding?  How do you think certain people get elected?
--
Anything's possible, but only a few things actually happen.
					Rich Rosen    pyuxd!rlr

mjc@cmu-cs-cad.ARPA (Monica Cellio) (02/02/85)

From: ihnp4!pyuxd!rlr@ut-sally (Pesmard Flurrmn)
>> ...Are there actually people
>> who would be swayed by such fiction?
>
>Are you kidding?  How do you think certain people get elected?

Seems a lot of people care more about "good looks" than intelligence.... And
I'm not sure any single individual sways a significant portion of the public
in an election; I know an *awful* lot of people who vote for their parties
no matter who's running...

						-Dragon
--
UUCP: ...ucbvax!dual!lll-crg!dragon