[net.music] Def Leppard's Rick Allen

jmd@aluxe.UUCP (Joseph M. Dakes, AT&T Bell Labs, Reading, Pa.) (01/04/85)

The other day I heard that Rick Allen (Def Lep's drummer) was involved in an
automobile accident which severed his left arm.  The last report I heard was
that doctors performed micro-surgery to reattach his arm.  Has anyone heard
anymore about this?

							Joseph Dakes
							AT&T Bell Laboratories
							Reading, PA
							aluxe!jmd

sethian@acf4.UUCP (sethian) (01/05/85)

....today's New York Daily News (I know, I know, just relaying information,
not promising it's true)...says that Rick Allen, drummer for Def Leppard,
had his arm amputated by surgeons, infection had set in above the reattached
limb and amputation was required.

ag5@pucc-k (Henry Mensch) (01/05/85)

<<>>

	It's true ... while driving to visit his folks for the holidays,
he was involved in an auto accident ... although physicians expect that
he will be able to use his arm somewhat, they don't expect him to be
playing the drums ...

Henry C. Mensch |  User Confuser  | Purdue University User Services
{ihnp4|decvax|ucbvax|purdue|uiucdcs|cbosgd|harpo}!pur-ee!pucc-i!ag5
                "If you can't be good, be careful.
                 If you can't be careful, give me a call..."

dvw@hopd3.UUCP (D. V. Wilkerson) (01/07/85)

Allen's doctors had to amputate the arm because of infection at the site
of the microsurgery.  This is the last information I heard on Friday.

Diane Wilkerson
..!hopd3!dvw

jeanne@ucla-cs.UUCP (01/07/85)

In article <597@aluxe.UUCP> jmd@aluxe.UUCP (Joseph M. Dakes, AT&T Bell Labs, Reading, Pa.) writes:

>The other day I heard that Rick Allen (Def Lep's drummer) was involved in an
>automobile accident which severed his left arm.  The last report I heard was
>that doctors performed micro-surgery to reattach his arm.  Has anyone heard
>anymore about this?

The accident was New Year's Eve.  Allen was thrown
from his Corvette.  They did re-attach his arm;
unfortunately, by Friday, the arm had become
infected and had to be amputated.

If anyone is interested in sending a card to him,
the address is:

Rick Allen
89 Saltergate
Chesterfield