[net.abortion] Still logical

mn@dscvax2.UUCP (Matt Noah) (04/04/85)

>Subject: Re: $$$ - logical, eh?
>
>ANSWER: No.

Refute it.  You can't!

>> The fact is this:  ACTIVE Pro-lifers get no money for their efforts.
>> 		   ACTIVE Pro-choicers make ALOT of money for their efforts.
>>
>> Take away the profit from abortion and see how many pro-choicers stay ACTIVE.
>>
>> Matt Noah

>The "fact"?  How about "the opinion"?  Given the large numbers of people
>unrelated to the "industry" of abortion (do you know of ANYTHING that
>people engage in and render money for that does NOT become a money-grubbing
>profit-motive "industry"?--end of argument about "abortion industry") that
>actively support the right to abortion, I fail to see where your "fact"
>comes from.
>--
>      				Rich Rosen     ihnp4!pyuxd!rlr

What's your argument?  There is no large number of people who ACTIVELY support
abortion who are not related to the industry.  Do you consider posting to the
net as being ACTIVE?  Net activity is known as "lip service" and if I did
nothing besides post my beliefs to the net I would be guilty of "paying lip
service" to the issue.  Your statement in parentheses is clearly subjective
and can't be addressed without a definition of "fair profit", "excess profit"
or some similar term.  In fact, it depends on such other factors as undue
influence, misrepresentation and other circumstances.

Matt Noah